Friday, May 25, 2012

Raise the Bar/CASE Study


It's that time of the year when graduation cards are in demand, so this week's Raise the Bar Challenge was just perfect for me to cross another needed card off my list - create a card for a graduate! I also wanted to play in Chupa's CASE Study Challenge where this month's muse, Agnieszka, has a clean, simple design (photo on left) to inspire us!
I added dimension, rather than texture, by popping the frame, the hat and the star using foam tape.  I started to add a pop of color in the school colors, then decided I liked the classiness of only black and white.

I hope you can play along with us at Raise the Bar!  Hop on over to see what the other bartenders - Joni, Thanh, Julie, Peggy -  have created...they'll be sure to inspire you!  We always have some guest designers each week and that spot could be yours if you join in on the challenge!

STAMPS: For the Graduate by PTI
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Frame die by PTI, Star punch by SU.

7 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Perfect CASE study card and wonderful black/white card! Have a great holiday weekend!

Marisa said...

Love the B & W and what a great CASE!! Well done :) Enjoy your long weekend.

Karen Day said...

Classic black & white - so perfect for a Grad card :o)

Peggy said...

Beautifully done! One classy card!

maryr917 said...

this is a great grad card Wanda-love the b&w-I have a few to make when I return from San Francisco

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Black & white has never looked more fabulous! Thank you for joining us for a CASE Study challenge this week!! xx

Tracy said...

Great card, well done x