Friday, April 27, 2012

Raise the Bar, Diva Dare & CASE Study


May Day is lei day in Hawaii, so the challenge at Raise the Bar is to create a card using a Hawaiian or tropical image or theme.  I thought this Island Oasis DP from SU would be perfect for a background for these Verve images!  I went a little crazy with all the vivid colors, so you'll need your shades for this card!  For more inspiration from the other bartenders, head on over to the Raise the Bar blog!  We hope you can join us...can't wait to see what you create!

STAMPS: Relax (Verve), Hibiscus Plain Jane (Verve)


My second card is for the April Diva Dare Challenge on the Verve blog where the divas are challenging us to use chipboard, corrugated cardboard, or kraft on our creation.   The embossed BG is kraft CS that was embossed with a Victoria EF that was brayered with Soft Suede ink prior to running it through the Big Shot.  This is also for Chupa's Case Study Challenge where we're to CASE this gorgeous card by Laurie Schmidlin. 

STAMPS: Super Dad (Verve), Purely Sentimental (Verve)
PAPER: Vintage Cream (PTI), Soft Suede (SU), Kraft, Old Olive
INK: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Blue Bayou
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon Banner die, Loopy Blooms die, Elegant Leaves die - all 3 by Verve; Enchanted Evening satin ribbon by PTI, Victoria EF, Brayer, Pearl brads by American Craft, Button by SU, Corner Chomper.


10 comments:

Marisa said...

Those are some bright colours, Wanda LOL! Perfect for a tropical card. Just LOVE your second card!

Julie said...

Wow, really knocking out the cards!!! They are all beautiful!!!

Teresa Kline said...

these are aweosme Wanda, I luv your Verve Diva Dare card, fabulous!

enjoy *~*

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you did the embossed background and the flowers.

Michelle said...

Wanda, I came over from CASE Study because I thought your card was beautiful (which it is), and when I got here, I found your wonderfully bright "Relax" card. You've given me a smile. :-)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the richness of your color scheme. Blessings!

Debby said...

Hey Wanda! Love your take on our CASE study card - the embossed background is beautiful. Whenever I try this is doesn't work! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week. Oh and your your relax card just makes me feel happy!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Your CASE Study card is so gorgeous! Love the embossing and the flowers!

Jean Martin said...

This is gorgeous Wanda! I love the technique you used on your dry embossing. :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Angela said...

I love these...such pretty flowers!