Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Rosette

The CASE Study Challenge features this card by Laura Bassen...what a classy and elegant creation! I flipped the layout so I could incorporate this rosette to qualify the card for the Free 4 All Challenge on SCS.  Wendy has challenged us to use a "back and forth" or pleated element, so I went with the rosette die by Tim Holtz.  I love the ribbon treatment and clean design of Laura's card and wanted to keep that theme going with my card. 
STAMPS: Waltzingmouse Stamps
PAPER: Black, White, Black Dasmask by Recollections
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Tim Holtz rosette die, Top note die by SU, Spare Parts brad, Oval Nestie, Celebrate It grosgrain ribbon, Dotted swiss EF.

This card will be going to a teenager...hope the pink and the bling will make her happy! :-)

9 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda! Love the ribbon and the medallion is great! Fabulous case!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, this is wonderful! LOVE how you did the flower in the center and the dp you chose! Just beautiful!

Hannelie said...

So beautiful!

dstandard said...

WOW what a gorgeous card!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card - fabulous
!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, Wanda, this is one strikingly beautiful card!!! I LOVE it! I don't know what happened, but I followed you before but for some reason I was not getting any updates, so, come to find out that I was not a follower anymore! I have no idea how that happened, I was just wondering why I had not received any updates. Anyhow, I hit follow again in hopes that it will stay this way! :D:D Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Aimes said...

That polka-dot ribbon certainly injects some fun into this card!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
x

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful card-great take on the challenge!

Maureen said...

oh, the pink and bling make ME happy!! LOVE that rosette!! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)