Friday, August 12, 2011

Eggs-stra Special



This card was created for 4 different challenges:
Ways to Use It - What's Hot? (use images of heat or technique that uses heat). I used a heat gun to melt the white EP on the butterfly.
Eclectic Paperie Challenge - use distress stains (Tim Holtz Cracked Paint stain used on the doily), die (leaves and flower dies used), & egg carton (flower petals were die cut from a white egg carton).
Friday Mashup - Butterflies, Bling and the colors Marina Mist, Perfect Plum & 1 more color of our choice (I chose green) with one neutral (white).
Case Study Challenge - case a challenge player (I cased Monika - see her lovely card posted below).

STAMPS: Kindred Spirits (Verve) - scroll design on butterfly
PAPER: Abrianna DP by K&Co, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, White
ACCESSORIES: Paper doily, Lace, Baker's twine, Gemstone brad, Rhinestones, Butterfly punch by MS, White EP, Little Leaves Sizzlit die by SU, Dotted swiss EF.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty card Wanda! I love the green with the blue and purple, its an excellent choice. The bakers twine is the perfect touch!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

wolfsrosebud said...

Beautiful tropical feel... love all the embellishments!

Kasey said...

So glad to see you playing along with us again at the Friday Mashup Wanda. This card is loaded with detail. I love that lace and your little butterfly is just so pretty. Good Luck.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Debbie Carriere said...

Wanda, what a beautiful card!!! Love the colors and what a clever use for an egg carton!!! I love that trim, too :)

Sherry Cheever said...

Oh I LOVE it! Blue, green and purple happen to be one of my favorite combinations . . . especially the green and purple!

Angela said...

This is gorgeous...that lace just finishes it off perfectly!

Broni said...

OMG, Wanda, this is fabulous! I don't know how you could combine all those challenges so perfectly!! You rock, girlfriend!!

Micki said...

Ohhhh I love it.... I was wondering about the foam type of egg cartons and this is wonderful. Gorgeous!!!!!

Starla said...

Oh my! What a fabulous card! I am so impressed with the styrofoam flower! That would have really thrown me for a loop!

Jen said...

What cool idea to make a flower from an egg carton! And I love the lace ribbon and the bit of bling! So pretty!

Daisy said...

That styrofoam for a flower in this particular card design is stunning. Thank you so much for playing along in our eclectic Challenge.

Kim P said...

Very pretty! I never would have guessed you ujsed an eggcarton! Thanks for playing the Friday Mashup!

Holly said...

Wanda this came out great.. I never would of thought Green with the purple LOVE It! Really like the that detail on your Butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

Cristina said...

I love what you did with Monika's card! I can totally see the elements of the original, but you definitely added your own, beautiful spin. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous Wanda! Your card is beautiful...those 'dimensionalized' flowers look gorgeous and that lace trim...WOWZERS! Absolutely dreamy! An amazing CASE of Monika's card, glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful card. Great colors and balance.

Aimes said...

OOoh so much dimension to this card! So many pretty things to take in and admire!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful card! Love your colors and all the different textures.